We are often delighted with ourselves when we refer to Long Island, imagining that people think we are talking about the other Long Island! Well here is the man who will ferry you over, everyday, rain or shine, flat calms or storms; Maurice Coughlan, almost a local – he’s from Goleen!
- Born and reared here and wouldn’t have it any other way.
- His favourite view is out west of Long Island channel at sunset and the music, probably something by Paul Simon.
- When he was five he wanted to be a pilot and wishes he had taken up sky diving 10 years ago. Not surprisingly he would love a helicopter.
- If he had a couple of spare hours he would head out the Mizen and dive off of Canty’s Cove.
- His best night out – “most of them are the best, some I can’t remember!”