Jake Zappia has come all the way from Adelaide to be in Schull for the Fastnet Short Film Festival. He is a young writer and director who has a film submitted; Volti Familieri (programme 18 if you are in the area).
- This is his first international festival so he thought he really ought to be here. He received a grant to get here but in return he had to volunteer, he has been tirelessly helping all over the village, despite jet lag!
- His favourite view is just looking out over the harbour with a piece of music he had just heard of; “I Wasn’t Expecting That” by Jamie Lawson.
- He wishes he had listened to his parents and taken up music and would like a ‘really nice video camera’.
- A couple of spare hours and it would definitely be spent watching some of the ‘amazing films on show and generally soaking up the festival atmosphere’.
- As he has only been here for one night,so last night was the best night out…the opening party followed by a stout sampling; his verdict, Murphy’s!
- He will be taking back with him the memories of the ‘fantastic atmosphere and how people here are all SO friendly and have time for you”.