Alex Ellis-Roswell wandered into Schull like he has wandered into lots of little coastal villages – open to opportunities, open to suggestions and looking to meeting new people. In August 2014 he set off from Margate in the UK with the idea of walking clockwise around the coasts of the UK and Ireland in aid of RNLI. With his worldly possessions on his back his only rule is that he stay as close to the sea as possible. To date he has raised over £10,000 – http://bit.ly/1GwQDfc.
- He is in Schull “ ’cause it’s on the coast, on the way!”
- His favourite view is looking back into Schull over the harbour and towards Mt Gabriel and he would love Bob Dylan’s Blowing in the Wind in the background.
- He wishes he had concentrated on languages at school – communicating with people is so vital.
- When he was five he horrified his grandfather because he wanted to be a street sweeper or rubbish man. “I just wanted to tidy everything up.”
- He is a Guinness man and his favourite pizza is pepperoni with extra peppers
- He doesn’t want to take even a tiny bit of Schull home with him – “leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories”.
- He is utterly content and wishes for nothing!