Lunch in Hackett’s is always a delight, never quite sure who you will meet and what interesting conversations there will be! We shared a table with Pat Quinn who was in Schull for the day.
- He is staying in Heron’s Cove and had come into Schull to see whether it had changed since he was last here – “No change, the nature of whole thing doesn’t change.”
- Favourite view is walking down to the pier and seeing the dinghies sailing out in the harbour – “It made our hearts leap, in January!” schullsailing.ie
- He wished he took up kite surfing 10 years ago and when he was five he wanted to be either in the Navy or a Canadian Mountie.
- If he had a couple of extra hours in Schull he would use it to persuade the owners of the Tapas restaurant to open all year round.
- He doesn’t like pizza and is a Guinness man.
- He will be taking the memory of seeing those young sailors in the harbour on a bright January afternoon with him when he leaves!