Mark McGarry was in Schull today taking part in the Fastnet Duathlon, from Monkstown in Cork he always competes in this race as it was his first introduction to road races, it is still his favourite and he promises to be back next year.
- His favourite view would be at the end of Colla Road looking west over Goat Island and obviously he would like Bruce Sprinsteen’s “Born to Run” playing in the background.
- He wishes he had taken up swimming 10 years ago, “hopefully I would be better than I am now”.
- Once he is finished the race he likes to take off in the car and explore the surrounding area – followed by lunch at the Bunratty.
- He is a Murphy’s man through and through.
- When he was five he wanted to play soccer.
- What he will take home with him? The hospitality of Schull, “the people here are amazing, so friendly”.
- He wishes he owned a Maserati in shiny black.