A long time ago, Françoise Letellier fell in love, she fell in love with Ireland when she first heard “Black Velvet Band”! She has spent much of the last few decades in East Cork, first as a translator and later as the French Consul in Cork. Retiring back to France she wanted to keep up the strong connection with Ireland so has spearheaded the Schull-Le Guilvinec Twinning initiative (https://www.facebook.com/groups/665722010144516/).
1. Her favourite view is looking over the harbour and she would love anything from Phil Coulter.
2. She wishes she had taken up ‘serious cycling’ 10 years ago.
3. If she has any spare time she usually heads down to the harbour and along the foreshore walk, ‘just as long as I am near the sea I am happy’.
4. Not a stout drinker nor does she like pizza!
5. When she was five she wanted to be a chemist.
6. Her favourite night in Schull – one that involved singing, trad music and good company.
7. She wishes she had a sailing boat.
8. When she leaves she takes away those sounds of the pier, the water lapping, the boats gently rattling, the background noise of gulls and the village.