Five years ago Elizabeth Rose Murray (http://ermurray.com/) wandered into Schull and fell in love, she fell in love with the sea, the peace and quiet, the lovely sense of community, and then, she fell in love with a man! Now Schull is where she calls home, something she has never done anywhere else. She has just published her first book – The Book of Learning – which was launched on Saturday 26th September in our very own Whyte Books, and she has already started on her next two! Follow her on Twitter @ermurray
- Her favourite view is from Sailor’s Hill and the only music she would like would be the sounds around her, the birds, the sea, the weather.
- She wishes she had taken up the piano earlier – every winter she tries to learn more than 3 pieces but over the summer she forgets them and has to start all over again.
- Best night out? Well most definitely sometime during the Fastnet Short Film Festival when you get to watch great films in intimate surroundings
- When she was five she wanted to be Japanese.
- Her favourite pizza is pepperoni with extra jalapeno’s and she is a Murphy’s drinker.
- What she wishes she had but doesn’t already possess? Nothing – “right now my life is pretty perfect.”