Came across these two keen sportsmen today… the gale force westerlies had forced them to steer their two ocean-going kayaks out of the raging sea into the calmness of Schull harbour. They are on their way from Wexford to Wexford… i.e. circumnavigating the country in 30km chunks at a time. https://www.facebook.com/
- Obviously their favourite view is looking into the calmness of the harbour from the roughness around the Beacon on Long Island… Mirco would love Bach’s Cello Suite 1.1 Prelude playing but Christian would prefer Think by Aretha Franklin.
- Christian wished he had taken up sea kayaking 10 years ago and Mirco ski mountaineering.
- With a couple of spare hours they would love to climb up Mount Gabriel when it gets dark and enjoy the unpolluted night skies.
- They hadn’t tried Murphy’s… yet!
- When Christian was 5 he wanted to be an astronaut and Mirco wanted to spend his life in the woods and at sea!
- What they want to take away with them: Mirco – a photo of an epic night out with the locals, and Christian – something, anything from Heron’s “it is all lovely”.