Local artist Ann Martin has lived in the area since the early ’90s. Originally from the States she settled here and has enthralled us with wonderful depictions of our community, highlighting it with humanity and humour. She is currently working on a mural in Hackett’s where she is capturing the essence of this establishment!
- Her favourite view is seeing the comfortable social interactions on the street – especially on an early evening in the summer – with some jazz piano in the background.
- She wishes she had taken up musical improvisation 10 years ago.
- Given a couple of spare hours she would eat well, drink well and then browse the charity shops.
- Definitely Murphy’s
- The best night out – New Year’s Eve when all the young folk have returned, girls impossibly dressed, guys casual – the mellow atmosphere of a night of reminiscing and catching up.
- At 5 she wanted to be a cowboy, or a superhero – she still wants that!