Holger Lönze (http://www.holgerlonze.info/) found Schull a few years ago when his car broke down – having decided to move to Ireland he was on an explorative journey when fate stepped in! Originally from Germany he studied in Ulster and has exhibited extensively in the UK, Europe and here in Ireland. His latest project is a ‘Sea Bell’ a huge bronze bell (https://www.facebook.com/bangorbell) commemorating Columbanus’ journey from Bangor to Italy. The bell is now finished and on it’s way north.
1. His favourite view is coming over the Barnageeha (not sure how to spell this!) Gap and he wouldn’t want any music playing.
2. He wishes he had taken up microlite flying 10 years ago.
3. If he has spare time he launches his currach and explores.
4. His preference is Murphy’s and a really well made margarita pizza.
5. A favourite night out would be on a calm evening in his currach watching the day fade and the stars come out.
6. He wanted to be a pilot when he was very young.
7. Holger would very much like a drier workshop – one with heating would be even better.